"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Few Answered Prayers

I had mentioned in a previous post that our agency director was traveling to Ethiopia and she might be able to visit the girls and take presents. A few days later, we received about 15 pictures of them opening the gifts! It was so exciting to see their smiles over all their new goodies and I had a blast shopping for them. Chris said I'd never be able to get all that stuff in a 2 gallon ziplock as is required but I told him, where there's a Momma's Will, there's a way! They each got a new outfit, markers, books, coloring books, sidewalk chalk, cheeze-its, teddy grahams, starburst, lifesavers, plastic bracelets, rings, and necklace set, hair bows, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, a babydoll with accessories, and most importantly a photo book with 36 pictures of our family, our dog and our home. In the pictures of them looking at the photos, they are smiling from ear to ear. It made my heart so happy to know that now across thousands of miles, my girls finally know what their Mommy and Daddy and siblings look like. They finally know the faces that pray daily and pine for them to come home soon. And they're smiling as we do when we look at their pictures too. Even Abekeya is smiling - these are the first pictures we've received of her smiling and what a knockout she is. It's amazing how transformed her little face is when she smiles. Abekeya is well too. It appears her pneumonia is now gone - Praise the Lord! I can hardly wait until those little faces and the faces of my other precious children can be captured all together in the same photos. How is it possible to love and miss someone so much when you've never met them? I really don't know but somehow God makes it so.

Here are a few photos to share (due to the kind of camera used, some of them won't rotate vertically - sorry). I can't wait until I don't have to hide those sweet smiles behinds hearts anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment