"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Everlasting God and Some Great News

I've shared with you guys before that the Jeremy Camp song "Everlasting God" has become a very personal and meaningful song for Chris and I during this adoption process. This song seems to follow us and we just happen to hear it at pivotal times during this journey. The first time I can recall, was when we were in church and the night before we had learned of the massive slow down from MOWA on issuing the letters required to pass court in Ethiopia. This was a very discouraging time for us and I cried through the whole song at church as I thought of the words and how our "Strength will rise, as we wait upon the Lord". My friend Kelley (who I blogged about earlier this week :-) ) was sitting behind me and she put her hand on my shoulder and comforted me as I tried to get ahold of myself in the service. A few weeks later, we learned we had been submitted to court and again, this song was sung in our church service and this time I was beaming. Kelley leaned over to me and said you seem a lot better than you did when last we sung this song :-)

Chris went on a mission trip with our youth group a few weeks ago to Orange Beach. As you know, our agency has been on hold with all their cases for approximately 6-7 weeks now...yet another roadblock. One morning while on the trip, he got up early and walked down to the beach to have some alone time with God. Something about the ocean reminds us just how small we are and how big He is. Chris had his ipod on and was worshipping in song and guess what came on? You guessed it :-)

I am now SO pleased to tell you that we got word yesterday from our agency that the government investigations are complete and all cases are resuming again. Our case director is calling all families who were affected by the hold in the next couple of days so we are hoping to hear from her today or tomorrow to find out more details. Still no court date yet for us but now that things are moving again, we hope this will come soon. So right after we got the email that things are resuming, I went to tell Alex and Averey the good news. Averey was playing in the bathtub and I walked into the bathroom to tell her and guess what she was singing? She said "Mommy we learned this new song in vacation bible school this morning. Want me to sing it for you?". I think God has an amazing sense of humor sometimes. I started laughing and crying all at the same time! And Averey and I sang the song together. For those of you who haven't heard it, heres the video (be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the blog first and hit pause on the automatic playlist box so you won't hear both songs simultaneously).

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment