"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God Works in Mysterious Ways :-)

We took a mini vacation to Florida this past week and while I was cleaning out the car to prepare for the trip, I found a McDonald's toy under the seat. Averey had gotten this little brown monkey with big ears in her happy meal a week or so ago. While I was cleaning the car, I was praying and crying as well - I do that a lot lately. I miss the girls so much that it is hard to bear sometimes and I find that in the quiet moments when I'm doing mundane stuff by myself like packing or cleaning, etc, the longing for them is even stronger. Anyway, while I was picking up crushed goldfish and cheerios from under the seat, etc. I found this toy and tossed it into a bag to take inside. When I tossed it over my shoulder, it shouted "Africa!". Naturally I thought I was hearing things so I fished it out and pushed the button again and again he exclaimed "Africa!". Guess it sounds silly but it felt like that was God letting me know that it's going to be okay. He hasn't forgotten about us or our girls and they will be home in His time. I'm sure many probably think that was a coincidence but I know better :-)

I found out a few days later that the monkey was actually from the Madagascar 2 movie. Ironically (or maybe not :-) ), we just so happen to take the kids to see this movie at the theatre for Kid Tuesday where they show older movies for a $1. Again another reminder :-) The WHOLE movie was about Africa and Alex the lion even has a special mark of Africa on his paw. I'm sure I was the only one sitting in the theatre at Madagascar 2 struggling not to get choked up :-)

Why would the kids get a toy at McDonalds last week from a movie made 2 years ago? I think it was because God knew I'd need that little reminder that even with the outcome of the whole world is on His shoulders, He still miraculously remembers me and hears my prayers. He remembers my girls. And I don't mean a half hearted recognition of us. He knows us and loves us intimately and personally. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. Wow. We serve an awesome God. I'm reminded of a song we sang in church as a child. His Eye is on the Sparrow and I know He watches me. Thank you God for your love - it is such a pleasure to belong to you.

Blessins,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment