"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally Booked Our Travel

We did learn this morning (about 2:30am this morning when I woke up to go to the bathroom and checked my phone just in case) that we have an Embassy Appt for Monday 11/28 at 9:00am. If you could please remember us at that time on Monday in your prayers, we'd be SO appreciative!

I tossed and turned for another hour trying to go back to sleep. SO excited! Then I had to wait several long hours for the travel agency to open (10am our time) and the guy who books international adoption flights was out :-( On top of all that, I found out that there is a huge convention in Addis Ababa next week and many hotels/guest houses are booked up. I was so worried that I was either going to have to delay going until we could find room for eight of us or leave my kids behind here - neither of which I wanted to do. SO I started praying this afternoon - God is SO good. Before I got to the Amen, my cell started ringing and it was the travel agent to book our flight and while I was on the line with him, my phone chimed with an email from our desired guest house, who ironically only had 3 rooms left - just enough for our family of 8. Whew! Thank you Jesus. I don't believe in coincidences, I believe in God-things.

We will be leaving Nashville on Friday 11/25 at 1:00pm and arriving in Washington DC to spend the night. Then we'll leave the next morning for the long trip to Addis Ababa where we'll arrive early Sunday morning.

We will be returning on Delta Flight 1899 at 3:24pm on Friday 12/2. We'd love to see you all at the airport if you'd like to come meet the girls and welcome them home :-)

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment