"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Around Here :-)

I decided to decorate early before we left so we don't have to mess with it in the hussle and bussle of arriving home from Africa. Most of the ornaments on our tree have a story or meaning behind them. We have Baby's 1st Christmas for all of ours, Our New Home ornament, one from our honeymoon, our wedding, etc. It's always fun to reminisce about those special times in our life. Here are a few pics of new special memories we will have this year.

Each of our little ones have their own small tree in their bedroom (my teenagers think they're too old for this). Here's our new small tree addition.


I had to do a little editing on this old family favorite but I think it still works :-)


Here's a new one - all 8 of our names are here!


My children helped me make this for Chris last year when we first started the process. I can still remember his eyes welling with tears when he opened it. It was made before we knew specifically about our girls, when we were only waiting in anticipation to find out who God would unite us with. Thank you God for adopting all of us who believe and call on your name, into your Kingdom and for giving us a very special Christmas miracle this year. Great is Thy faithfulness Lord, unto me.


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving - we all have MUCH to be thankful for. Praying you enjoy a safe and happy holiday with your loved ones.

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment