"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lots Going On Here in the Hulshof House - What Else is New? LOL

First let me start this post by telling you how blessed Chris and I are to have a quiver full of children. We feel so blessed to be bringing home 2 new daughters but God has given us so much more than that. I know our other children know we love them more than life itself and they are SO excited about this new chapter in our lives but with all the changes, I just don't want to forget to remind them how precious they are to us too. I've found myself wondering sometimes if I get so caught up in talking about the girls and the adoption, that my others feel neglected. They tell me they don't but as a Mom, I wonder if I sometimes mess up my balancing acts. Stephen, Will, Alex and Averey, I simply want you to know that I couldn't be prouder of you and your willingness to joyfully open your family to two more siblings. I know you know that some things will be more difficult now but I appreciate you allowing your hearts to be open for God's calling on our family in this way. All of you have told me at different times in different ways that you know that things will be different at home and school but that you will love these girls as your own and will stand up for them as you would your other siblings. How precious it is to see God working in your lives as well. I love you all more than I can say in words. I hope you always know that.



We're moving our teenagers from the 3rd floor down to the guest room in the finished basement. We finally finished that whole transition last night. Stephen and Will are SO glad that's over :-) I'll be working on the girls rooms today so more pictures to follow on that in a later post. Here's the boy's new room. They are thrilled to have more room and be closer to the rec room and the video games :-)







Lastly, we have some big news. We were told a week ago that it would likely be January before we received an Embassy Date to go get the girls. Things have gotten very complicated and drawn out now at the US Embassy and there are a lot of delays. Never forget though that God is in control and He is the author of time. We’ve also been reminded many times throughout this process that the more impossible things seem, the greater He is glorified when He works those impossibilities out.

We received an email today that our daughter’s birth father is scheduled to have his interview with the Embassy on Thursday November 17th and we may be cleared to travel THE NEXT DAY!! We have been praying all this time that God might do a miracle and bring them home before Christmas and instead He may bring them home before Thanksgiving! We are very excited but overwhelmed too. We’ve been feverishly trying to finish moving the kids rooms, etc. We thought we had more time – not that we’re complaining :-) We may be traveling to ET the week of Thanksgiving but won’t know anything for sure until 11/18. We will keep you all posted as things progress. Please be in prayer for these final stages of our adoption.

To God be the glory, great things He has done.

Blessings,
Valerie & Chris

4 comments:

  1. Aaahhhh!!!!! Yay!!!! Praise Jesus!!!!!:)))))) love to ur fam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So exciting! PRAYING for awesome news on the 18th! can't wait to see the other new rooms, the boys' room looks great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! God is not only good, He is GREAT!! Please know that we are here to help anyway we can with the kids when you go to get the girls. Love to you all! Julianne & Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!! We are praying all will go well and as smoothly as possible! Praise God for His Faithfulness!
    Blessings from PA!
    Amy & Family

    ReplyDelete