"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Signs from God

We had a wonderful Christmas with our family. Hope you all did too. We have so very much to be thankful for.

It was a really neat week with several little "God" moments :-) We have a check due to our agency in a couple of weeks for a sizable amount of money so Chris and I were discussing where we were going to come up with the funds when lo and behold I received an email from our financial planner the same afternoon. I have a beneficiary IRA that was left to me when my Mom passed away and there are required minimum distributions that have to be pulled out by the end of this year per federal guidelines. The amount I'm required to pull out of this IRA is within $5 of what we need to write the agency check for! Isn't God great?!

Then we went to dinner last week at Judge Bean's and ran into a friend we haven't seen in a while who just got back one day before from Uganda and had adopted two children! He was a wealth of information and a real blessing to chat with.

The next evening we took the family to a Predator's Hockey game and stopped by Five Guys Burgers and Fries to grab a quick bite to eat before the game. While ordering I turned and there was another Dad who happens to be the hubby of one of the fine ladies that runs 147 million orphans. They have three adopted children. I worked with him years ago at an old job so we were able to catch up and again discuss our upcoming adoption. I love how God puts exactly the right people in your path in His time.

We finished the second part of our homestudy today and it went very well. We hope to have that piece of the process complete in a couple of weeks. Thanks to you all for your prayers.

And last but not least, I talked with my sweet friend Gina today who brought her new little boy Mamo home last week. Mamo has been very sick and they've spent several hours at Vanderbilt Children's hospital running tests the last few days. Fortunately, it was only a simple virus and he's doing much much better now. Mamo, we're so very glad you're well and home now with your forever family.

Blessings,
Valerie & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment