"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 13, 2010

Why Adoption?

This is the number one question we receive when we tell others we are adopting.  To be honest, it's the first question Chris and I asked ourselves as well.  The answer is because God wants us to.  I know there have been many times in my life when I've had to make important decisions and I questioned which road to take.  I've prayed about the decision but still have trouble knowing if it's my will that's leading or God's will.  Sometimes it's hard to hear Him.  In the case of our adoption, it was not.  He shouted to us loud and clear!  Chris and I often joke that we've felt like God has been stalking us through this process :-)  Every time we turn around we run into some situation where adoption is involved.  We know this is God working in our lives to affirm this decision.  We don't believe in random coincidences...we know all of these little things are simply God putting people or events in our path to remind us that this is the road He has chosen for us and He is in control.  Neither Chris nor I have ever taken such a radical leap of faith as this and while at times, it is a bit frightening, it is also exhilarating to be right smack in the middle of His will and let Him direct our paths.  God is so good and we can't wait to see what He has in store for us!   

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you either...what an exciting journey!! Being smack in the middle of God's will is a GREAT PLACE to be! :-)

    ReplyDelete