"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 18, 2011

A BIg Thank You and a Request for Prayer

Thanks so much to all of you who joined us at Chick-fil-A last night. We had a wonderful time with friends and family. We had friends that arrived just before 5 and friends still coming after 8. What a blessing you've all been to our family.

I also met a very sweet lady last night named Evonne who loved our Africa shirts and struck up a long conversation with us. I was wearing a pair of my Ugandan beads we're selling and she loved them and bought them right off my neck :-) Also several of the children's school friends joined us and one of them bought Averey's necklace off her neck too! Thanks to you guys for your sweet support. Also a big thanks to Chick-fil-A for hosting - you guys are great!






On another note, I received an email today from a new friend who lives close by and is also adopting. She didn't give details but said that she's in tears because she fears something has gone awry with their adoption and she asked for prayer. Please pray for this sweet family that God will smooth out the rough edges and help them feel His presence and sweet peace while they're hurting right now. We're praying that everything works out. I'll refer to her as the DV family. There is great power in prayer so I thank you in advance for remembering this family.

Blessings,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Valerie...what a very small world, indeed. I just ran into DK and he said you were adopting...then we have a ChickFiLA fundraiser tonight for our ET adoption...no surprise to anyone that KJ is front and center at both of our fundraisers :), would love to hear how you know her...but the best is next...Yvonne is a mom on my basketball team and she is there tonight WITH YOUR NECKLACE ON!...she gave me your blog and I had to check it out.
    Check out our blog at galbreathjourney.blogspot.com.
    I would love to hear from you...

    Jay

    ReplyDelete