"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little more progress...

Today we received our I797C from USCIS. This is basically a receipt stating they have received our I600A and it is being processed. We should receive our fingerprinting appointment soon (I believe in Nashville, this usually comes 4-6 days after you receive the I797C). Yea!

We also received our Educational Toolbox from our adoption agency, Celebrate Children International. Oh boy, lots more reading!

They included this cute little monkey and board book for our kiddo when they get home. How sweet.

Look at this sweet little shirt for our little one! We don't have a referral yet so we have no idea what age they will be. Hopefully it fits :-) It says "Special Delivery from Ethiopia."

And lastly, here are pictures of my favorite 2 books in the toolbox :-) "It's All About Good Hair" - a guide to styling African Hair. Thank you God for this because I have enough trouble with my own hair and I'm completely in the dark about African hair. The other is "I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla". This just makes me smile :-)

3 comments:

  1. We loved our kit!! Congrats! Yes, you should be getting your appts. soon. Less than a week. Just as an fyi, it took us 3 1/2 weeks to get our 171H after fingerprints. Others got theirs in 2 weeks and a few days.

    So excited!!! Maybe you'll have your referral before our dinner and I can see your little ones face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I didn't know you got all this when you were preparing to adopt...so cool!!

    ReplyDelete