"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dying to Self and Being Raised to New Life In Christ

My babies gave their hearts to Jesus in December and were baptized last night. The whole service was precious. We spent time worshiping the Lord in song and then our pastor spoke briefly about what baptism represents - the public profession of one's faith after they've accepted Christ as their savior. It was a precious time with friends and my church family. My mother's oldest friend was there too from out of town. This was especially meaningful to me because my Mother went home to be with the Lord almost 2 years ago now. I was glad to have Marti (or MiiMii as the kids call her) with us to celebrate this wonderful time. The first time my mother and Marti ever met was at their church when they were in the 2nd grade and they were both being baptized. What a neat story that it would all come full circle generations later :-)

Our church still meets in a school so we have our winter baptisms at our church office. We have a beautiful handmade wooden baptismal and we have them in our youth room which is a converted garage hince the background.


Averey's little toes sticking up as she went under :-)




2 comments:

  1. I feel so very blessed to have been able to spend this precious time with your family; and, better yet, eternity with ALL of you! I will never forget Avery's little feet appearing as she went under.....so sweet. Glad you got a picture of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was precious time and truly a blessing to see--brother and sister together. I cannot wait until those are Ethan's little feet...Ephraim's little feet.

    ReplyDelete