"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 25, 2011

Another God Thing...I Just Love Those.

Many of you read from my last post that I met a lady named Yvonne at Chick-fil-A who bought my Ugandan beads right off my neck. What I didn't share in the post is that her child's basketball coach is also adopting and was having his Chick-fil-A fundraiser last night. She mentioned his name and I was shocked to learn that it was a former boss of mine - we'll call him J. I thought surely it must be another guy with the same name. She insisted on giving me his email and number so we could connect. I should have called sooner but got busy as I have a way of doing. Well..this morning I got a comment on my blog from him. Yvonne showed up last night at his Chick-fil-A dinner too and she was wearing the beads she bought from me! She told him about me and my blog, he checked it out and realized it was me and also saw a picture of our mutual friends KJ on my blog! KJ was instrumental in leading his family to adopt. What a small world. So I have now learned that not only one of my former bosses but two, are now adopting! And we learned all this because God placed Yvonne at the table behind us at our fundraising dinner. Isn't it cool how God works?!

Also, wanted to give a shout out to my dentist. He called me this week after learning at our last cleaning that we're adopting, and asked if he could donate some toothpaste and toothbrushes to us to take to the kiddos in Ethiopia when we travel. I said absolutely! I went by to pick them up and he gave us approximately 480 tubes of paste and almost 100 toothbrushes! And then our sweet hygienist walked me to the car to take the boxes and saw the Ugandan beads in the car and bought a pair! Thanks Dr. C and Nancy. We SO appreciate your support and your heart for orphans.

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment