"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All My Children Are Now God's Children Too

Some of you reading this know already, but it occurred to me that I haven't shared this precious news with those of you that I don't talk to everyday. My two oldest boys accepted Christ as their Savior a few years back but now alas my two babies Alex (age 8 today!) and Averey (age 6) have asked God to come into their hearts! As a Mother, there is NOTHING more precious to me than knowing where and with whom my children will spend Eternity. It's an added bonus that this life here on Earth is also much more precious when we get to walk through it hand in hand with our God.

They have been asking questions for a while now and were very curious during Vacation Bible School over the summer but weren't quite ready. We went on a short trip a few weeks back, just the three of us during the holidays as my older boys and Chris had to work. While traveling, we took advantage of the quiet time in the car with no distractions to really talk about the Gospel and what God did by sending His son to die and save us from our sins. Both said "Mom we want Him in our hearts too but it seems too easy just to believe and ask Him after what He did for us." I reminded them though that it really is that easy. If you believe, then all you have to do is ask Him. We also talked about how coming to salvation is just the beginning, and quite frankly, probably the easiest part of it. The real journey and trials come after you know Him and you learn to allow Him to transform your life in all that you do, for His glory. They are young but I think they understood.

We got an email from our children's minister that they are going to schedule their baptisms on February 2nd and Alex & Averey are SO excited. The really neat thing about this is that I myself was baptised on February 2nd in 1985! I remember as I thought this was a much more special way to remember this day, than it just being Groundhog's Day :-) Please be in prayer for my children as they learn to grow and walk with the Lord. This is the first day of the rest of their lives and I can't wait to see what God has in store for them. I love you kiddos. God does too :-)

Blessings,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome about Avery and Alex. I will keep them in my prayers. I am praying for you all as you go on this journey, knowing God is going to do great things through all of this.

    ReplyDelete