"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 24, 2011

Why Not Ethiopia?

I "borrowed" this from a friend's blog - Nancy I hope you don't mind :-) It is a beautiful and very powerful video on how we can change the world for one child at a time. I'm sure most of you know the story of the man and the starfish. A man walked along the beach after a storm and hundreds of starfish were washed up on the shore. As he walked along, he picked them up and tossed them back into the ocean. Another jogger stopped to ask why he bothered since he couldn't save them all. What did it really matter? The man reached down to pick up another starfish and tossed it into the sea and said, "It mattered to that one."

1 comment: