"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why did we decide to adopt?

I borrowed parts of this from another blog I read and added some of me too. The blog I borrowed from admittedly borrowed it as well so I don't think they'll mind me passing it along. We are so often asked this question and here are just a few of the answers.

◦Because it has become the desire of our heart as we have sought to delight in Him (Psalm 37:4)
◦Because there is an Orphan Crisis all over the world and too many people, Christians included, want to sit back and let someone else handle it. It is estimated (and this number is conservative) that there are over 163 million orphans in the world!
◦Because my Heavenly Father has a lot to say on how Christ-followers should care for the orphan (James 1:27)
◦Because when we tell ourselves we can’t the reality is we can. We are a family that is seeking to be radically obedient to Christ and we refuse to sit back and do nothing when our hearts have been drawn, changed, and completely altered by this beautiful continent.
◦Because we know the eternal impact and growth that will result in our four biological children. Will it be hard, sure. But what blessings can flow from this too.
◦Because we have a great support network of family, friends, our church and small group to walk with us on this journey
◦Because God has developed within our hearts a desire to reach the nations for His Glory.
◦Because for some reason God has wired us for big, chaos, new and change (and, oh boy, that is comin’)
◦Because we want to champion the cause, love orphans, influence others and make an impact in our world
Because God has told us to do this. How can we turn away from that?

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment