"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally...Some Progress :-)

I'm very excited to tell you that yesterday was a productive day in the paperwork department! We received our completed notarized home study and sent it to USCIS (Immigration) yesterday afternoon. It should arrive today at noon in the Texas lock box. From there, it will be reviewed by Immigration and once approved they will send us an I71H form and a fingerprinting appointment. In addition, we got our last form needed for our Dossier yesterday as well so that's being reviewed by our agency and should be able to be authenticated in the next couple of days I hope and sent to the US Department of State's office. It feels like I've been waiting forever on some of these forms to be completed from outside sources and I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to finally be making some good progress again. After the Dossier is authenticated and our fingerprinting is done we can receive a referral! I don't know exactly how long the authenticating, etc. takes but I'm hopeful that we can receive a referral (this basically means we can pick a child since we're "paper ready") sometime in February or early March. We're still a good ways off from court dates and bringing them home but we're moving closer to the little prize :-) We can't wait to see what our little prize looks like, give him or her a name, etc. God is Good. Please keep those prayers a'comin.

Blessings,
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and this wonderful gift-worth-waiting-for. Thanks for allowing our family to walk this walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Authentication takes no time!! Plus, when you mail you dossier to D.C, you send your copies to CCI, they immediately send them to ET. Once the dossier is off, it's all down hill!! (as far as the paperwork goes) then you being the "waiting" period which is SO HARD!! but also so exciting knowing that "any day" could be the day to get good news (submitted to court, court date, etc.) Praying for you guys! So excited to hear who your child will be!

    ReplyDelete