"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank You!

Thanks to all of you who came out to see us at Sunset Middle. We had great success in selling our beads and bracelets and I loved meeting new people and telling them our story. A big thank you to my sweet friend Kelly and her son Braedon who gave their time and helped us set up and sell. We love you guys.

Much of my motivation in fundraising for this adoption goes beyond the obvious objective of raising money to help pay the high costs associated with adoption. Chris and I were led to adopt because God allowed a sweet friend to tell us her story and that led us to others who told us their stories, and now as a result, we have our own story. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these fundraisers allow us to meet others and plant seeds so that one day they may be led by God to adopt as well. It also raises so much awareness on the orphan crisis in our world. If people don't hear about it, how can they act to make a difference?

I would love to hear from anyone who has questions about adopting or who thinks they might want to talk about it. If God could use us to help you, we'd love to do that for you and for Him. Please feel free to send your comments to me. I love to read them and am very encouraged by them.

Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment